Are you looking for the best 12 volt battery for RV? With so many different brands on the market today, there is a long list of options from which you can choose. Whether you want to purchase the battery online or you want to get it from a retail store, make sure you know the type of battery as well as the brand you want to buy.
To save you time, we have prepared a list of some of the best 12V batteries as well as some things that you need to know before you purchase one. Keep reading; we are sure that you will find an option that perfectly suits you.
Does your RV need a battery? Do you know what type of battery it needs? A “house” battery or a battery for the engine? Regardless of which type of battery you need, there are some very important things that should drive your decision.
Our Picks: Best 12 Volt Battery for RV
Scroll down to read individual reviews of each product
This is possibly the most important factor that should play a part in your decision. Some batteries have a much longer lifespan than others. Plus, there are batteries that require less maintenance and are therefore less expensive to keep functional. Although expense will be a factor in determining the performance of a battery, it can end up being more advantageous if you spend a little bit more to get a better quality battery.
Although all batteries use lead acid, they come in different packages. Before you purchase your RV battery, you should determine which technology you prefer. There are “flooded cell” batteries and there are gel type batteries. Nowadays, many users prefer the gel type batteries as they tend to perform better with heavy charging. However, the choice is yours. Make sure you thoroughly research the type that you want to purchase.
1. Mighty Max 12V 200Ah 4D SLA AGM Battery
This beast of a battery is for those who want the peace of mind of being able to run all your electrical needs for days at a time between charges. Capable of even running AC units (provided you have a powerful inverter), the Might Max battery packs some serious power.
- Maintenance free operation
- Heavy-duty grids
- Non-spillable and non-hazardous electrolyte
- Long lifespan
- Weighs 114.6 lbs.
- Recovers easily after repeatedly deep discharges
- 12V 200AH battery
- You won’t have to do anything to the batteries in order to maintain them
- It is very resistant to shocks and vibrations
- The battery won’t pose a hazard to anyone around it
- It has a very good running time
- High discharge rate
- Ideal for solar set ups
- Vert big and heavy
This Mighty Max 200AH is a very good option if you are looking for a battery with true off grid capability. It is my feeling that whatever your needs, you should aim to be prepared and have the most powerful battery you can get. It is for this reason this Mighty Max would be my number one choice.
This is another fantastic deep cycle battery, it certainly checks a lot of boxes. One of the most useful features that it has is the battery reserve time of about 240 minutes. Plus, the battery is completely sealed.
- Reserve capacity of 240 minutes
- Low discharge rate due to 99.9% pure lead
- 10-12 year float life at 25°C
- AGM lead acid battery (completely sealed)
- Maintenance free
- 12V 100Ah battery
- 10-hour rating: 100Amp-hours
- 20-hour rating: 110Amp-hours
- 1-year warranty
- Weight: 63.5 lbs.
- Dimensions: 12.9” x 8.7” x 6.8”
- It has a very good float life and discharge rate
- You can use it to power a variety of items
- You do not have to maintain the battery
- It is not hazardous and the contents won’t spill
- The battery is a bit heavy.
With such a great reserve capacity, this battery should be able to provide power for a very long period before it requires any charging. Although you will have to pay a bit more for this battery, the extra perks that is comes with definitely makes it worth the price.
There is no need for you to do anything to maintain this battery when you purchase it or once you begin to use it. It is completely maintenance free and to top it off, nothing inside the battery will spill because it is properly sealed.
- 13.6-13.8V float voltage
- Less than 3% standing self-discharge per month
- Maintenance free and spill proof
- Excellent performance rating
- Measures: 12.17” x 6.61” x 8.3”
- Weighs 63.93 lbs.
- 12V 100Ah battery
- The battery is properly sealed and nothing will spill from inside
- It has a very good performance rating
- It can be used to power other devices
Overall, this battery is a very good product. Although it is a bit pricey, there are no additional expenses as it relates to maintenance and you won’t have to worry about it leaking any of its contents.
These are three great batteries that you can use in your RV. However in my view the best 12 volt battery for RV would be the Mighty Max battery. Although it is the most expensive, it is certainly the best option of the three. In addition to being maintenance free and spill proof, it has a very good reserve capacity which is perfect for long trips, boondocking and off grid living.
- Best Portable Gas Grill for RV – 2020 Reviews & Top Picks - October 14, 2017
- Best HDTV Antenna for RV – 2020 Top Picks - October 1, 2017
- Best LED Replacement Bulbs for RV – 2020 Reviews & Top Picks - September 29, 2017