Having poorly inflated tires can cause tire failure.
Too much pressure and you'll wear your tires out faster. Which is the least of your worries, as it also causes poor handling and poor traction which can lead to an accident.
Having too little pressure is the number one cause of tire failure. When too much of the tires surface is touching the road due to under-inflation, the increased friction causes overheating which wears the tires out and can cause blowouts.
So a good tire pressure monitoring system is one of the best safety investments you should make. That's why I've put together this guide to help you select the best TPMS for RV's.
Our Picks: Best TPMS For RV Use
Scroll down to read our individual reviews of each product...
How do you monitor tire pressure without opening the air valve?
Back in the old days, you would have to measure the PSI of each of your tires one by one using a tire inflating system which would always let some air out each time you wanted to check your tire pressure. Thankfully, with modern technology, we are now able to use an intuitive system which can keep an accurate measurement of your tire pressure using a small sensor inserted into your tire valve and a screen which can be placed in the cockpit.
Do tire pressure monitor systems have other features?
Being able to measure your tire pressure is important, however, if you are going to invest the money in an advanced system like this, you will likely also want to do other things with it. When you have a system like this you don’t have to rebalance your tires. Additionally, with a TPMS you will always be ensured that you can get the best possible gas mileage for your vehicle. However, there aren’t any typical features outside of the benefits you get from always having an accurate measurement of your tire pressure.
Does a TPMS monitor more than four tires?
This depends on how much you are willing to invest. Some people might have an RV with more than four wheels, which makes the need for a much better TPMS which can monitor more than four wheels. It is important that you monitor the pressure of all of the tires on your vehicle so that you can keep your gas mileage up to highest level and ensure that you always know how your tires are doing.
Read Also: Best portable air compressor for RV tires
Anyone who drives an RV with more than four wheels will have to make a little more of an investment in a system which can accurately monitor your tire pressure. Coming with 10 sensors and the ability to handle up to 22 maximum sensors, this is a behemoth of a system that can handle any sort of RV or semi-truck vehicle with a lot of tires.
- Can measure up to 22 tires maximum
- Easy to install
- Can be used on just about any vehicle with wheels
- Anti-theft design
- Not as affordable as other options in this category.
- Many people do not need the full capabilities of the device
Although it is a bit of a drag that you need to pay more than double the price for this system, it also comes the ability to measure more tires than you will likely use. As a result, most people probably won’t make full use of the system, but you never know if you need to add another tire or two to your vehicle to help balance the weight. However, due to its capabilities, this is easily the best TPMS for an RV that you will find.
If you want the smallest and most affordable means to monitor your tire pressure, this system should be your top option. This tire pressure monitoring system comes with an installation kit (including a wrench) for installing the sensors in up to four tires. Since it can be powered by your car’s cigarette plug in, it is small and easy to use without having a long cord.
- Affordable and easy to install
- Alarms when tires are in 29-44 PSI range
- Included installation kit
- Small and easy to fit in your vehicle
- Needs to take up a cigarette plug in your car
- Takes 5 minutes of driving over 12 MPH (20 KPH)
This product is best for the RV that only has four wheels and a cigarette plug in that is easily seen in the driver’s range of vision. It is a breeze to install thanks to the easy-to-understand system, and sensors which easily fit into each of your tire valves. If you want the smallest screen and device possible, this is the best TPMS for RV use that you will find.
If you have an RV with only four wheels and want a LED screen which doesn’t always need to plug in to your car’s cigarette lighter plug in, you might prefer to have a design that comes with an attached solar panel. The perk of using this model is that you can accurately monitor your four tires’ pressure while using a screen that can either be solar or USB powered using your car’s cigarette lighter plug in.
- Solar panel and USB plugin provides multiple means of power
- Affordable and easy to install
- Alarm range from 29-44 PSI
The solar panel is nice, but using the USB and cigarette port plugins take up more space.
This product is capable of keeping accurate readings of your car’s tire pressure, and can either be powered by a solar panel or a USB port. Since it is about the price of the first model, which only contains a plugin for the cigarette plugin, you might prefer this option.
If you have an RV with only four tires, finding the best TPMS for RV will be easy. Of course, it will cost a little more to have extra sensors; however, when you purchase a TPMS which can keep an accurate gauge on your tire pressures, you will never have to worry about wasting gas mileage or risking your precious RV investment.
Read Also: How often should RV Tires be replaced?
- ■ REAL TIME/24x7 SAFETY & HIGH FUEL ECONOMY - EezTire TPMS system by EEZ RV Products is the industry leader in the RV TPMS market since 2005. It accurately monitors tire pressure and temperature for up to 26 tires and handle tire pressure up to 210 psi. EezTire TPMS system gives you PEACE OF MIND 24 x 7 when you are on the road or off the road. Maintaining proper tire pressure at all times ensures vehicle safety and helps achieve desired fuel economy
- ■ ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY ALERT SYSTEM - the monitor is motion sensitive and monitors tire pressure and temperature on 6-second intervals continuously. It sends visual and audio warning alarms immediately when tire pressure or temperature falls outside the preset safety parameters. The monitor goes into power saving mode if no motion is detected in 15 minutes to save battery. The sensors send status signals to the monitor on 6-second intervals continuously as long as the sensors are under pressure, so your tires are monitored 24 x 7.
- EASY OPERATION & MAINTENANCE - EezTire TPMS monitor has one of the largest display screen on the market 4 ½” x 3”. It takes minutes to setup and program. The monitor has a built-in rechargeable internal lithium battery that lasts up to 60 hours on a charge. Sensors have replaceable batteries. It comes with a common USB charging cord that can be connected to vehicle’s cigarette lighter or USB port.
- 🚀Multiple Charging Methods🚀 Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System M7-3 is Solar automatic charged, it also can be charged by the cigarette lighter when there is no sun. Help you focus on driving. NOTE: After the first installation, please turn on the monitor first then install the sensor, and all data will be displayed after driving for 5-10 minutes. The sensor needs motion activation.
- 🚀Five Types Of Alarms And User-set Alarm Values🚀 Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System M7-3 provides five-alarm modes (including fast leak alarm, high/low-pressure alarm, high-temperature alarm, and sensor low voltage alarm). Users can DIY set the pressure and temperature alarm values. (The pressure range that can be set is 12-87 PSI)
- 🚀Automatically Adjust Backlight And Smart Screen Color Change🚀 Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System M7-3 can automatically adjust the display backlight according to the strong and weak light environment to help clearly reading. In different states, the display will show different colors: blue when charging and working / red when alert/ gray when standby or static.
- Highly efficient monocrystalline solar panel with lithium iron phosphate (lifepo 4) backup battery
- Crystal clear lcd color display which simultaneously displays both pressure and temperature readin
- Features next generation tireminder transmitters, weighing only 0
- 🚐Auto Solar Charge🚐 Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System M12-3 Blue is Automatic solar charging, using higher quality and more durable solar lithium battery panels, which can extend the use time and help focus driving. Drivers don't have to worry about the continuity of product work often. (Cigarette Lighter / Micro USB charging can also be used when there is no sunlight)
- 🚐Five Types Of Alarms and User-set Alarm Values🚐 Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System M12-3 Blue equipped with five-alarm modes (high pressure, low pressure, high temperature, rapid air leakage, sensor low battery alarm), promptly reporting the abnormal tire condition to the driver to help safe driving. Drivers can set the maximum and minimum alarm values for tire pressure and temperature according to their own needs. (The tire pressure range that can be set is 12-87 psi)
- 🚐Auto Backlight & Sleep & Awake Mode🚐 Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System M12-3 Blue's auto-adjustable backlight can clearly display the data in low light or strong light environment. Real-time monitoring and real-time display of data is the best helper for driving. It will enter the sleep energy-saving mode after the vehicle stops running for 10 minutes, and will automatically wake up when the car is turned on. Prolong product life while saving energy.
- Monitor your tire pressure and temperature right from your smartphone! Compatible with iPhone, iPad and Android devices (requires iOS 7+ or Android 4.3+ with Bluetooth 4.0+ compatibility).
- Constant monitoring for low pressure, high pressure, slow leak, rapid leak, high temperature and blowouts.
- Monitors up to 22 tires (0-232 PSI) with simultaneous pressure and temperature readings; extra transmitters sold separately.
- Best Portable Gas Grill for RV – 2020 Reviews & Top Picks - October 14, 2017
- Best HDTV Antenna for RV – 2020 Top Picks - October 1, 2017
- Best LED Replacement Bulbs for RV – 2020 Reviews & Top Picks - September 29, 2017
Last update on 2020-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API