A Super Class C RV is like the Class C RVs but on steroids. I mean, seriously. They’re thirty-three to forty-five feet of well-equipped luxurious motorhomes. If you’re wondering what is a Super Class C RV, here’s everything you should know about it.
A Super Class C RV is a motorhome that’s manufactured on a rugged FORD F-55 chassis. They are also equipped with a larger and sturdier wheel-base that provides a more spacious floor inside. Additionally, they can tow up to 25,000 pounds. You can even fit a king-sized bed inside and travel a long distance comfortably.
You’ll have to spend a small fortune to buy one of these motorhomes, and a lot relies on investments like these. To make sure you’re making an informed decision, make sure you go through the whole article.
What Is A Super Class C RV?
Besides being built on a heavy-duty FORD F-55 and having vast floor space, it comes with wooden cabinets, granite countertops, floor tiles, and more. It’s also equipped with cab bunk features and front-rig engines like the Class C RV.
Additionally, it has an excellent towing capacity, so you’ll have no trouble taking a boat or a trailer with you on trips or camping. The powerful and robust engines will make it easier for a Super Class RV to haul up steep inclines.
They also have better parking options besides being a more handy option. Plus, they allow a premium quality build as they are also built on class 5 through 8 chassis. Let’s take a quick look at their spec sheet.
- Length: 33 to 45 feet
- Total Vehicle Weight: 23,000 to 33,000 pounds
- Towing Capacity: 11,000 to 30,000 pounds
- People Accommodation: 9 people
- Fuel Economy: 6 to 10 mpg (might vary)
- Cost: $200,000 to $700,000
These stats will give you an approximate idea about the Super Class RV. It might vary from model to model.
What Are The Benefits?
Super Cs come with several advantages and will give you a bang for the buck. So what are the benefits of owning one? Read on to find out.
- Spacious Floors and Luxurious Features: Super Class C RVs come with a larger chassis, which means expansive floors. You and your family will have plenty of space to enjoy the interior. Your family might not need the extra space, but it’s always preferable to have some.
Super Cs is also very luxurious both inside and outside. You’ll get real wood cabinetry, spacious bathrooms with tile floors, electric fireplaces, a programmable temperature control system, and many other features that will guarantee a homely and comfortable trip.
- Ergonomic Motor and Chassis Design: The motor is placed in the front. This will allow easy access to the engine, which will also be very convenient at a fill station. The location also enables a better cooling of the engine and will ensure more power and better mileage.
Additionally, the front motor’s design also makes the Super Cs a safer vehicle on the road for an unfortunate accident or crash.
- Maintenance and Servicing: The front-engine design makes servicing the Super Class C RVs easier as the parts are readily available at a cheap rate. More shops repair class 5 through 8 vehicles.
- Excellent Towing Capacity: A class 8 vehicle can fan tow more than your regular 10-30,000 lbs. You can easily tow a boat or a trailer on your next camping trip. Besides, the weight won’t be an issue with this vehicle as its build with durable materials.
- Sufficient Storage Space: Super Class C RVs come with plenty of basement space. You can store a lot of things quickly. Regular Class C RVs have limited storage space. But with a Super Class C RV, you can keep camping chairs, tents, a grilling unit, or anything you want to take along on your trip.
- Wide Wheel-Base: Class A RVs have wide wheel-base, but Super Class C RVs have even wider wheel-base. Having a wide wheel-base gives more floor space and makes the vehicle more comfortable and safer to drive.
- Higher Resale Values: These vehicles are always high in demand because it is not often manufactured. If you no longer want to own this RV, you can resell it at a fair price.
After reading about these advantages, make sure you know if a Super Class C RV is for you and your family so that you make a worthy investment.
Who Manufactures Super Class C RVs?
Super Class C RVs are not manufactured often, and only a few companies compete among themselves to produce the best Super Class C RVs on the market. Some companies like Dynamax, Thor, Jayco, Renegade, Nexus, and other small companies make 4% of the market’s Class C RV.
A few other companies are testing the water and planning to manufacture Super Class C RVs. Some of the best-known Super Class C RVs are from Newmar, Thor, Dynamax, Jayco, and Renegade.
Among these, Dynamax makes the most compelling Super Class C RVs. You can check some of these vehicles out and see which one fits your needs the best.
Things You Should Consider Before Getting One
Super Class C motorhomes are widely known for being remarkably safe for traveling. But there are some factors you should keep in mind while driving one across the country. Make sure you’ve done all these before you use your RV.
- Practice before Driving: If you have never owned an RV, you need to have plenty of practice before driving one. This practice is more necessary if you’re heading out for a long trip. There is no learning curve, but you will need time adjusting to it.
- Get Insurance: It is always a good idea to get a specialized RV insurance plan after you’ve bought a SuperClass CRV. Make sure you get one that will provide you maximum coverage.
- Roadside Assistance: You will undoubtedly travel with passengers in your RV along with some possessions. To make sure you don’t leave these at the side of the road, make sure you have roadside assistance and check the towing distance.
- Track Your Electrical Usage: You will get a fully equipped generator with your RV, but it’s better to track your power consumption. A Super Class C RV can accommodate only a certain number of amps at once. When powering multiple devices, it’s best if you got a backup generator for safety.
- Inspect your Super Class RV and Research the Road: Check everything and make sure all is in place and stable condition before you set out for a trip. If you’re a full-time RVer, make sure to check your Super Class C regularly to avoid preventive accidents.
Additionally, research your route in advance and make sure you know about your destination’s wildlife.
Although it isn’t required in every state, you might need a special license to drive an RV. So it’s better to get a permit for it just in case.
Super Class C RVs are a fantastic choice if you want a large RV and have the budget to invest in a more expensive and advantageous vehicle. Before you buy one, make sure you’re aware of its specifications and know which model will serve you the best.
After reading this article, I hope you know now what is a Super Class C RV and what are the benefits of owning one. Hope you found what you were looking for in this article. I wish you good luck and hope you make a worthy and satisfactory purchase.
- 9+ Cool Vintage Bus Conversions - April 2, 2021
- Are RVs Safe for Babies? Here’s What You Need to Know - February 17, 2021
- Are Motorhomes Safe in Lightning? How to Protect Yourself? - February 16, 2021