When travelling in your RV, it is nice to have a portable gas grill so that you can take your cooking outside. Not only can it be more fun and social to cook outside, it can also help your interior remain a bit cooler and free from cooking smells. If you are looking for the best portable gas grill for RVs, you can read about some of the top options here to get you started.
Our Picks: Best Portable Gas Grill for RV
Scroll down to read individual reviews of each product...
How much space does a portable gas grill take up?
If you carefully consider how much space you have in your vehicle before purchasing your portable gas grill, you should definitely find a grill that will fit in the space you have dedicated to cooking. Whether it be inside or outdoors, you should dedicate around 2 square feet for a portable gas grill, including in storage, so that you can use and store the product without it getting in the way.
What can you cook with a portable gas grill?
Consider a portable gas grill to be capable of doing everything that a normal gas grill can do. However, the only difference is, of course, its size. You can cook steaks, hamburgers, or just about anything that requires a considerable amount of heat. The only downside to using a portable gas grill is that since it is portable, the space on the grill will take a toll.
Does the fuel size tank matter?
Using a small propane tank is always possible, and it will take up less space than a larger propane tank. However, it is still important to remember that the size of the fuel tank you use will not matter. In other words, you can use either a large propane tank or a small one. In either case, you will be able to effectively use your portable gas grill.
This Coleman grill comes with a cooking surface of 285 square inches, which is fairly large given that it is a portable gas grill. This product is very easy to set up, requiring only the push of a button, and to clean the gas trays when you are through cooking. When you are finished using it, it easily collapses down and can be used with wheels to transport it easily.
- Easy, matchless setup
- Great price
- Transports easily with attached wheels and a handle.
- Removable grease tray
- Hooks up with a standard-sized RV propane supply line
- May rust in places if left outside in harsh weather
This is a great option if you want to take advantage of 20,000 BTUs of cooking power while having side trays and portability for your gas grill. With its considerably larger cooking space, this is a great portable gas grill to consider purchasing. It also comes at a price that is competitive with its competition. Since it cooks with the most power, many people will consider this to be the best portable gas grill for RV.
If you want the most affordable portable gas grill that also comes with the largest amount of cooking space, make this your top option. With over 305 square inches of space and a stainless steel design, this is a very good option to consider. It will only cost you around half as much as the other options presented here, but it comes with slightly less cooking power
- Stainless steel design
- Easy setup
- Legs fold down for storage
- 305 square inches of space is huge for portable gas grill
- Only 12,000 BTU cooking power
This is perhaps the most durable and affordable gas grill on the list, which might make many consider it to be the best portable gas grill for RV. Anybody who is considering purchasing a portable gas grill for their RV, for camping, tailgating, or other activities, should make this one of their top options. It is also the most affordable portable grill on this list, with the largest amount of cooking space.
If space is the biggest issue for you, then make this product your top choice for a portable gas grill. With each dimension being around 1 foot or less, this is the smallest and most lightweight design in this category. However, the smaller size means less cooking space. If this doesn’t bother you, then you should look at this one since it has a great deal of cooking power and can easily store away in tight quarters.
- Small and lightweight
- 1-year warranty from the manufacturer
- Only 108 square inches of cooking space
- Less affordable than similar options
Although you can’t cook massive amounts of food quickly on this grill, it is very lightweight and portable. Since you can still cook steaks and other products which require large amounts of heat with this grill, many will still prefer it over other options due to its size. However, it is less affordable than other grills, causing some people to look elsewhere for grills that are more powerful and larger for less money.
The most important factors to consider for your portable gas grill are size, weight, cooking power, cooking space, durability, and the price of the product. If you are looking for the best portable gas grill for RV, you should be able to find a nice balance of these factors to select the product best for your personal needs. In the end, each grill is capable of cooking at high temperatures and storing away into small spaces, making each of the above options great for use in an RV or motorhome.
Best Selling Portable Gas Grills
- 360 sq. In. Of total cooking space
- 1 stainless Steel burner with push button Piezo ignition
- Total 11, 000 BTU
- 430 stainless Steel body and lid construction and 304 stainless Steel grid construction
- Two 10,000 BTU burner design delivers the perfect amount of heat for grilling and searing
- Portable design features Folding legs and latching hood for easy carry
- One stainless steel burner produces 8500 BTU-per-hour to heat 189 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Dimensions - lid closed and tables out (inches): 15.5H x 40.9W x 16.5D inches. Fully assembled out of box. Uses disposable 14.1 or 16.4 oz. LP cylinder (sold separately)
- Up to 20,000 BTUs of grilling power and 285 sq. in. of cooking area
- Now with 3 independently adjustable burners for enhanced temperature control
- Assembled Dimensions: 45.6” D x 19.5” W x 35” H | Weight: 52.58 lb
- 240 Square inch cooking area and built to travel
- Sturdy legs for stability on a Table or the ground, carrying handles for easy transport
- Lid-mounted temperature gauge, painted porcelain body
- Best Portable Gas Grill for RV – 2020 Reviews & Top Picks - October 14, 2017
- Best HDTV Antenna for RV – 2020 Top Picks - October 1, 2017
- Best LED Replacement Bulbs for RV – 2020 Reviews & Top Picks - September 29, 2017
Last update on 2020-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API