This guide will help you choose the best in motion satellite dish for RVs.
If you are planning to spend long hours on the road in your RV you have to have some form of entertainment, especially if you are going to be away overnight. A television and a satellite dish are among the most popular choices for recreational vehicles. Whether you are a sports fan or someone who enjoys movies, or maybe you simply cannot see yourself missing your favorite TV-show, an in-motion satellite dish will be a great addition to your RV. This is especially true when you are on the road or recharging your batteries at a motel or campsite.
Our Picks: Best In Motion Satellite Dish for RV
Scroll down to see our individual review of each product
How Much Minimal Roof Space Do You Need?
How much space your in-motion satellite dish takes up, matters. You have to consider the RV’s clearance level because you really don’t want to play chicken with a bridge. The dish is protected by its dome, but not to a point where it could survive an impact like that.
Is a Fully Automatic Model Worth It For You?
The fully automatic satellites find the signal real time, but they usually cost more. If you are patient, there are satellites with manual controls that may work just as well for you. They are not exactly slow but naturally, cannot match the speed of their fully-automated counterparts. If you are not the type who switches channels constantly, you can probably get away with buying a semi-automated or manual dish.
The Winegard RT2000T RoadTrip T4 is a fully automated in-motion satellite with a 14.3″ diameter and 13.5’’ height. At the time of its release, this satellite dish was the smallest and quickest model in the company’s history. Indeed, it takes up minimal roof space and now features improved tracking capability. In addition to all that, it produces a lot less noise than its predecessors.
- Fully automated design
- One button on/off operation
- You can watch LIVE programming from DISH, DIRECTV or BellTV
- Very efficient system. Noise reduction was one of the goals during the design process
- The satellite has improved tracking capabilities compared to previous models
- It is a very compact, small dish so it requires minimal storage space
- DIRECTV HD is not available for this model, only SD
When it comes to the size and features, the Winegard RT2000T RoadTrip T4 is a very impressive in-motion dish. The company has made huge strides since their previous models, pulling out all the stops with this one. It is small, yet capable, easy to install, and you can reach a large number and wide varietyof channels.
A portable antenna, the VuQube VQ3000 offers premier versatility. Advertised as the company’s best adaptable dish, it is operational during the drive, and, although it is not fully automated, it offers one-touch auto-tuning as well as satellite switching. The multi-functionality is the main selling point of the device. You can dismount and install it again fairly quickly if necessary. This is convenient when you spend the night at a motel or campsite, and you want to watch television.
- Compact design with its 19” x 19” x 20” dimensions
- Very easy to set up
- Operational on the move
- Convenient one-touch operation
- Depending on where you buy it, the bracket is not always included
The VuQube VQ3000 In-Motion Portable Satellite Antenna is clearly one of the company’s best designs to date. You couldn’t ask much more from a portable antenna. It is not too large, you can set it up on your RV and dismount it pretty effortlessly during the trip. It is not an automated antenna, but the one-touch button and the satellite switching-ability make it easy to operate.
The King VQ4500 is very nice compact portable antenna with one downside, it only works with the DISH service. The company mostly promotes it for tailgating – hence the name -, and for that purpose it is an excellent choice. You can put in on the floor or set it up on top of the RV, where it will work just as well. You can even add the dish to your home network or use it exclusively in a pay-as-you-go package while traveling around. Whichever option you choose, you will be able to enjoy both standard and high definition. The product includes a 50’ coax cable, guaranteeing that you will be able to reach your television from virtually anywhere.
- Excellent for tailgating. You can set it up for multiple televisions
- Comes with multiple accessories, including the quick-release mount roof kit and the tripod mount
- Great portability for a mobile experience, no matter where you are
- Comes with a very long cable, making setup easier
- The antenna was exclusively designed for Dish
- You can’t always get a signal in the forest
The KING VQ4500 Tailgater Portable was designed for tailgaters, people who enjoy sports and watching their favorite teams on TV. It is a portable model which you can set up – or dismount – very easily, especially if you simply put it on the tripod that comes as part of the package. Alternatively, you can put it anywhere outside pointing to the satellites, and you are good to go.
In an age where high-definition programming is available on the go across virtually all mobile devices, it’s no wonder that the same applies to your RV. You can set up multiple television sets with hundreds of channels, so we hope this guide helps you choose the best in motion satellite dish for RVs. Portable, with or without a tripod, fully or semi-automated, or maybe a model with manual control - the choices are plentiful. Some cable companies have exclusive deals with manufacturers, which means you will have to buy a specific model in order to enjoy certain content - but there’s always a way.
- HIGH RESOLUTION - The DS4K Transmit hunting game camera features a 32-megapixel sensor for the ultimate quality in image size and clarity along with 4K video at 30 FPS day and night; You can choose and adjust Photo (32MP, 16MP, 8MP, 4MP) and Video (4K, QHD, 1080, 72) Resolutions to your preference
- TOP QUALITY - This hunting trail camera boasts a 100 ft Detection & IR range for better nighttime images without disturbing the wildlife and an ultra-fast trigger speed of 0.2 seconds to ensure you never miss fast-moving game
- VERIZON OR AT&T CELLULAR PROVIDER - The DS4K Transmit trail camera operates on Verizon or AT&T Nationwide 4G LTE Network and includes both Verizon & AT&T SIM card with purchase; You can browse photos from all cameras in one place, track camera activity by day, month & year and much more
- 【HIGH SPEED】: This premium cable offers the best signal clarity and shielding. USB 2.0 specification with high speed transfer rates up to 480 Mbps. even at extra long lengths, there is no power loss, ensuring fast charging and fast data transfer.
- 【Imultaneously Charge】: Our charging cable is plug and play, when used with the PlayStation 3 wireless controller, the cable will charge the battery while in use, allowing users to continue to enjoy their entertainment and games, never having to quit a game because the controller battery is dead.
- 【Perfect Length】: The extra-long 6ft PS3 charging cable allows you to sit down and play from a comfortable distance, making it more convenient to use while sitting on the couch or lying in bed
- The official licensed video game of the Olympic Winter Games, Salt Lake 2002 combines six actual events, authentic Olympic environments and competitive multi-player modes with fluid real-time animation and TV-style camera presentation creating an ultra-realistic and challenging sports gaming experience.
- Unlike other puzzle box toys that turn out disappointing & dull, the patented, award-winning Shashibo fidget box features 36 rare earth magnets for an innovative design that transforms into over 70 shapes. Fits comfortably in the hand for hours of mind-challenging fun, stimulate the senses with unlimited creative possibility! Can you master the Shape-Shifting Box?
- Nothing compares to the quality & unique design of the Shashibo, durably constructed of premium injection-mold plastic, 36 rare earth magnets, and a tear-proof, matte or high-gloss surface. Each magnetic puzzle features 4 unique, artistic patterns of vibrant, mesmerizing artwork, for an ever-changing array of beauty at your fingertips.
- Collect & Connect – With the strong internal magnet system of our fidget puzzle boxes, you can connect multiple magnetic cubes to build even larger structures and sculptures – for the ultimate satisfying magnetic fidget toy and brain teaser. Collect all 12 designs to create vibrantly patterned, spellbinding 3D art!
- Works with compatible Nest thermostats ; the sensor tells the thermostat what the temperature is in the room where it’s placed and the thermostat uses that reading to control when the system turns on or off to keep that room the temperature you like.Google Nest Thermostat Compatibility: Communicates temperature to compatible Google Nest thermostats up to 50 feet away. Low Energy Bluetooth Connection: Up to 6 Google Nest Temperature Sensors supported per connected thermostat and up to 18 Nest Temperature Sensors supported per home.Please refer to the product description section below for all applicable legal disclaimers
- Put different temperature sensors in different rooms, like the baby’s room or living room
- Control your Nest sensor in the Nest app; set a schedule and choose which room to prioritize when 
- Best Portable Gas Grill for RV – 2023 Reviews & Top Picks - October 14, 2017
- Best Propane Stove Top for RV – 2023 Top Picks - September 27, 2017
- Best Rubber Roof Coating for RV – 2023 Reviews & Top Picks - September 15, 2017
Last update on 2022-12-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API